Literacy

L.O- We are learning to analyse and evaluate news reports.

Did you know that Australia is the second biggest producer of rubbish in the world? It’s not a great record to have! Every year each Australian throws out almost 700 kilos of stuff and a lot of that ends up in landfill where it can take hundreds of years to break down. But it doesn’t have to be that way if you change the way you think about it.

What was the news report about?: The report is about why we should start recycling.

Give your point of view on this issue: I think that all Australia should start recycling because it will help save our world.

What did it make you wonder?: Why do people not start recycling.

Do you have any questions?: Why do people not start recycling.

What emotions did the news report make you feel?: It makes me feel sad because we can stop this be we don’t.

Can you make a connection with something that has happened in your life?: It made me think about my mum because she makes us not throw our food away.

In literacy I have been doing the 100 word story and a persuasive text. In my persuasive text I did that all kid in Australia should do some sort of sport like swimming or dancing or football or some sport.